Artemis Gastrosciences Centre
Regarded as one of the best & top Gastroenterology hospital in India, Artemis’s Gastrosciences Centre possesses modern state-of-the-art equipments backed by advanced intensive care units. Equipped with the high-tech facility to provide excellent diagnostics of diseases of the Liver, Pancreato-Biliary and Gastro-Intestinal in children and adults, our Gastroenterology specialists offer expert care in both Medical and Surgical Gastroenterology. Specialists at Artemis Hospital provide global clinical services in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the digestive tract and liver.
The Centre provides world-class treatment with painless endoscopic procedures of complex gastrointestinal and hepatobiliary diseases including cancers.
The Centre deals with the disorders of the Esophagus, stomach, small and large intestine, liver, biliary system and pancreas.
- Constipation/ Incomplete evacuation
- Bleeding in Stool
- Cirrhosis of Liver
- Fatty Liver & Hepatitis
- Gas Problem
- Gallbladder and Pancreas Problems including stones
- Obesity Treatment
- All kinds of Gastric, Intestinal, Liver, Pancreatic & Biliary Cancers
COMPLETE SPECTRUM OF DIAGNOSTIC & THERAPEUTIC ENDOSCOPIC SERVICES
Diagnostic Services: Esophagogastroduodenoscopy, Sigmoidoscopy, Full length colonoscopy, Ileoscopy, Enteroscopy: Anterograde and Retrograde, Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS) and FNA (Fine Needle Aspiration), Mucosal Enhancing Techniques: Chromoendoscopy, NBI, i Scan etc.
- Upper GI and Lower GI Therapeutic Endoscopy - Variceal ligation & Endoscopic sclerotherapy, Glue injection of Gastric varices, Esophageal & Intestinal stricture Dilatation, Achalasia dilatation, Argon plasma coagulation of mucosal lesions, Polypectomy for UGI and Colonic polyps, Endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) for mucosal GI lesions, Foreign body removal from UGI tract, Endoscopic placement of feeding tubes and PEG / PEJ tubes, Polypectomies, Endoscopic sclerotherapy for bleeding colonic &ileal lesions, Colonoscopic & Enteroscopic placement of self-expanding metal stents for malignant colonic strictures.
- Small Bowel Diseases: Evaluation with capsule endoscopy and enteroscopy, Therapeutic treatment with enteroscopy
- Therapeutic Endobiliary & Pancreatic ERCP: ERCP for bile duct stones, Bile Duct strictures and Leaks, Biliary stents (plastic and SEMS), ERCP’s for post Liver Transplant conditions (strictures and leaks)
- Cholangioscopy: Diagnostic – spy bite for mucosal lesions and Therapeutic – LASER Lithotripsy, post transplant ERCP’s
- Pancreatic ERCP: for stones, Strictures and PD Leaks
- Pancreatoscopy, Enteroscopy Guided ERCP for Bile Duct and Pancreatic duct (Post Whipple’s, Post Roux-en-Y biliary or pancreatic duct obstruction due to stones or stricture)
- Endoscopic Mucosal Dissection: EMR, ESD and sub mucosal tumor removal.
Therapeutic Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS)
• Cystogastrostomy for pseudocyst, WOPN (walled off pancreatic necrosis) and collections related to stomach
• Cystoduodenostomy for pseudocyst, WOPN (walled off pancreatic necrosis) and collections related to duodenum
• Hepatogastrostomy (stomach to bile duct), Cholecystoduodenostomy (Gall bladder to stomach), Choledochoduodenostomy (Gall bladder to Duodenum)
• EUS Pancreatico gastrostomy or Pancreatico duodenostomy: Pancreatic Drainage in failed ERCP or altered anatomy
• EUS Guided Gall bladder drainage: Cholecystogastrostomy (Gall bladder to stomach) or Cholecystoduodenostomy (Gall bladder to duodenum)
• EUS guided Coil & glue Placement: For Gastric Varices- Primary or Secondary
• EUS Guided RFA of the Bile duct cancer or Pancreatic lesions
• EUS Guided Pelvic abscess drainage
• Biliary Drainage for failed ERCP’s or difficult anatomy, altered anatomy (post surgery), Enteroscopic drainage or EUS guided: choledocho duodenostomy (Duodenum to bile duct) or Hepatogastrostomy (stomach to bile duct)
LIVER DISEASE MANAGEMENT
Diagnostic: Diagnosis of liver diseases both communicable and non communicable, staging and management
Therapeutic: Treatment of Hepatitis B and C, NAFLD including NASH, Alcoholic Liver disease, Auto immune liver diseases and Non cirrhotic portal hypertension (NCPF and EHPVO).
• Breath test for Milk & Food Intolerance
• Bacterial Overgrowth and Malabsorption
• Balloon Placement for Obesity
• Bio-electrical Impedance Analysis for Body Fat Analysis
• Capsule Endoscopy
• Fibroscan of liver to detect degree of Fatty Liver and Liver Fibrosis
• 24 hour Esophageal pH monitoring
• High Resolution Manometry
• Liver Biopsy
Plan to start in near future:
- POEMS for Achalasia Cardia,
- DES and other esophageal motility disorders
- Endoscopic Gastroplasty for Obesity
- Endoscopic Gastro jejunostomy
- Fecal Microbiota transplantation for Liver Disease, Inflammatory bowel disease and Clostridium difficile colitis
- Hemodynamic lab for measurement of Liver pressures (HVPG) through per cutaneous route and Endoscopically , TJLB ( Trans Jugular Liver Biopsy).
State of the Art Technology at Artemis Hospital leads to rigorous, more precise and better treatments. Our Endoscopy unit has a special machine with the latest technology to wash and sterilize the endoscopes. At Artemis Hospital both diagnostic and therapeutic procedures are performed and all our
endoscopic procedures are performed keeping in mind the patient’s safety and comfort with state-of-the-art monitoring and proper sedation.
Close Collaboration with other Departments:
Department works closely with Internal medicine, Endocrinology, Bariatric Surgery, Liver Transplant department ensuring highest standard of medical care is delivered.
Team of specialists
Gastroenterology- Liver & Digestive Diseases
Dr. Pawan Rawal - Unit Head (Unit I)
Dr. Kapil Dev Jamwal - Head (Unit II)
Paediatric Gastroenterology - Liver & Digestive Diseases
Dr. Sakshi Karkara - Unit Head