Artemis Gastrosciences Centre
Regarded as one of the best & top Gastroenterology hospitals in India, Artemis’s Gastrosciences Centre possesses modern state-of-the-art equipment backed by advanced intensive care units. Our Gastroenterology specialists provide comprehensive services in both Medical and Surgical Gastroenterology and are equipped with a high-tech facility to provide excellent diagnostics of diseases of the Liver, Pancreato-Biliary, and gastrointestinal in children and adults. Artemis Hospital's specialists provide global clinical services in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of digestive and liver diseases.
The Centre provides world-class treatment and painless endoscopic procedures for complex gastrointestinal and Hepatobiliary diseases including cancers.
The Esophagus, stomach, small and large intestines, liver, biliary system, and pancreas are all treated at the Centre.
Gastroenterology is a medical specialty that deals with the study of the digestive system and its disorders. Gastro care hospitals like Artemis are an important resource for people with gastrointestinal and liver diseases, offering specialized care and expertise that can help patients manage their conditions and improve their quality of life. Gastro liver hospitals offer a wide range of diagnostic and treatment options, including endoscopy, colonoscopy, imaging tests, and medication management. If you are experiencing symptoms of a gastrointestinal or liver disorder, it is important to consult a gastroenterologist and visit a gastro care hospital or a gastro liver hospital for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate treatment. Book an online appointment with one of the best hospitals for gastroenterology, gastro care, and liver care in India.
- Constipation/ Incomplete evacuation
- Bleeding in Stool
- Cirrhosis of the Liver
- Fatty Liver & Hepatitis
- Gas Problem
- Gallbladder and Pancreas Problems including stones
- Obesity Treatment
- All kinds of Gastric, Intestinal, Liver, Pancreatic & Biliary Cancers
Complete Spectrum of Diagnostic & Therapeutic Endoscopic Services:
Diagnostic Services: Esophagogastroduodenoscopy, Sigmoidoscopy, Full length colonoscopy, Ileoscopy, Enteroscopy: Anterograde and Retrograde, Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS) and FNA (Fine Needle Aspiration), Mucosal Enhancing Techniques: Chromoendoscopy, NBI, i Scan etc.
- Upper GI and Lower GI Therapeutic Endoscopy - Variceal ligation & Endoscopic sclerotherapy, Glue injection of Gastric varices, Esophageal & Intestinal stricture Dilatation, Achalasia dilatation, Argon plasma coagulation of mucosal lesions, Polypectomy for UGI and Colonic polyps, Endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) for mucosal GI lesions, Foreign body removal from UGI tract, Endoscopic placement of feeding tubes and PEG / PEJ tubes, Polypectomies, Endoscopic sclerotherapy for bleeding colonic &ileal lesions, Colonoscopic & Enteroscopic placement of self-expanding metal stents for malignant colonic strictures.
- Small Bowel Diseases: Evaluation with capsule endoscopy and enteroscopy, Therapeutic treatment with enteroscopy.
- Therapeutic Endobiliary & Pancreatic ERCP: ERCP for bile duct stones, Bile Duct strictures, and Leaks, Biliary stents (plastic and SEMS), ERCPs for post-Liver Transplant conditions (strictures and leaks).
- Cholangioscopy: Diagnostic – spy bite for mucosal lesions and Therapeutic – LASER Lithotripsy, post transplant ERCP’s.
- Pancreatic ERCP: for stones, Strictures, and PD Leaks. Pancreatoscopy, Enteroscopy Guided ERCP for Bile Duct and Pancreatic duct (Post Whipple’s, Post Roux-en-Y biliary or pancreatic duct obstruction due to stones or stricture)
- Endoscopic Mucosal Dissection: EMR, ESD, and submucosal tumor removal.
Therapeutic Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS):
• Cystogastrostomy for pseudocyst, WOPN (walled-off pancreatic necrosis), and collections related to the stomach
• Cystoduodenostomy for pseudocyst, WOPN (walled-off pancreatic necrosis), and collections related to the duodenum
• Hepatogastrostomy (stomach to bile duct), Cholecystoduodenostomy (Gall bladder to the stomach), Choledochoduodenostomy (Gall bladder to Duodenum)
• EUS Pancreatico gastrostomy or Pancreatic duodenostomy: Pancreatic Drainage in failed ERCP or altered anatomy
• EUS Guided Gall bladder drainage: Cholecystogastrostomy (Gall bladder to the stomach) or Cholecystoduodenostomy (Gall bladder to the duodenum)
• EUS guided Coil & glue Placement: For Gastric Varices- Primary or Secondary
• EUS Guided RFA of the Bile duct cancer or Pancreatic lesions
• EUS Guided Pelvic abscess drainage
• Biliary Drainage for failed ERCPs or difficult anatomy, altered anatomy (post-surgery), Enteroscopic drainage or EUS guided: choledocho duodenostomy (Duodenum to bile duct) or Hepatogastrostomy (stomach to bile duct)
Liver Disease Management:
Diagnostic: Diagnosis of liver diseases, both communicable and noncommunicable, staging and management.
Therapeutic: Treatment of Hepatitis B and C, NAFLD including NASH, Alcoholic Liver disease, Autoimmune liver diseases, and Non-cirrhotic portal hypertension (NCPF and EHPVO).
• Breath test for Milk & Food Intolerance
• Bacterial Overgrowth and Malabsorption
• Balloon Placement for Obesity
• Bio-electrical Impedance Analysis for Body Fat Analysis
• Capsule Endoscopy
• Fibroscan of liver to detect degree of Fatty Liver and Liver Fibrosis
• 24-hour Esophageal pH monitoring
• High-resolution Manometry
• Liver Biopsy
Plan To Start In Near Future:
- POEMS for Achalasia Cardia.
- DES and other esophageal motility disorders.
- Endoscopic Gastroplasty for Obesity.
- Endoscopic Gastro jejunostomy.
- Fecal Microbiota transplantation for Liver Disease, Inflammatory bowel disease, and Clostridium difficile colitis.
- Hemodynamic lab for measurement of Liver pressures (HVPG) through percutaneous route and Endoscopically, TJLB (Trans Jugular Liver Biopsy).
State of the Art Technology at Artemis Hospital leads to rigorous, more precise, and better treatments. Our Endoscopy unit has a special machine with the latest technology to wash and sterilize the endoscopes. At Artemis Hospital, both diagnostic and therapeutic procedures are performed and all our endoscopic procedures are performed keeping in mind the patient’s safety and comfort with state-of-the-art monitoring and proper sedation.
Close Collaboration With Other Departments:
The department works closely with Internal medicine, Endocrinology, Bariatric Surgery, and Liver Transplant departments ensuring the highest standard of medical care is delivered.
Team Of Specialists:
- Dr. Pawan Rawal - Head - Gastroenterology (Unit I)
- Dr. Kapil Dev Jamwal - Unit Head Artemis Centre of Excellence for Digestive & Liver Diseases - Gastroenterology (Unit II)
- Dr. M. A. Mir - Unit Head- Gastroenterology (Unit III)
- Dr. Atul Sharma - Sr. Consultant & Clinical Lead in Motility, IBD & Third Space Endoscopy - Gastroenterology (Unit II)
- Dr. Rajesh Kumar Padhan - Sr. Consultant & Clinical Lead in Hepatology & Pancreas - Gastroenterology (Unit II)
- Dr. Abhinandan Mishra - Consultant - Gastroenterology (Unit I)
Paediatric Gastroenterology - Liver & Digestive Diseases
- Dr. Sakshi Karkra - Unit Head - Paediatric Gastroenterology & Hepatology