MBBS, MS (Surgery), DNB (Genito-urinary Surgery)
Medical School: Govt. Medical College, Jammu (University of Jammu)
Post Graduate Programs
1. Govt. Medical College, Jammu
2. Army Hospital (R&R), Delhi
Dr Sandeep Harkar is working as Sr. Consultant in the department of Urology at Artemis Health Institute, Gurugram. Previously, he was associated with Paras Hospitals Gurgaon as Consultant urology for more than six years.
Dr Harkar, with his sharp & inquisitive mind, started his medical education from Govt Medical college, Jammu where he finished his MBBS in 2001. He continued his academic pursuits and completed his MS (surgery) from the same institution. He moved to prestigious MAMC College & associated Lok Nayak Hospital, New Delhi where he worked as Senior resident under the mentorship of stalwarts of General Surgery.
His passion for Urology continued and he joined Army Hospital (Research & Referral Institute), New Delhi in 2009 for his DNB residency program. Army Hospital (R&R) is the premier medical institution of Armed forces with state of art equipment & infrastructure. He was awarded Diplomate of National Board (DNB) by the National Board of Examinations after successful completion of his training.
He has wide exposure of all endoscopic, laparoscopic & open urological techniques. He has also an in-depth knowledge of Kidney transplant & has been an integral part of renal transplant team at Army Hospital, Delhi & subsequently at Paras Hospitals, Gurgaon.
He has numerous publications in National & International journals & has presented his work in various conferences all over the country. He also has acquired international fellowship in Urology & attended EUREP program in Europe in 2011. Dr Harkar has special interest in Endo-urology, Andrology & Reconstructive urology.
Urological Society of India (USI)
Membership of American urology Association (AUA)
Registration with Delhi Medical Council and Haryana Medical Council
Honors & Awards:
• Attended European Urology Residents Educational Programme (EUREP 2011) held at Prague, Europe. (USI-Olympus international travel fellowship)
• Successfully completed hands on training course in surgical skills & techniques held at MAMC, New Delhi on 29-31 Aug 2007.
• Participated in CUE program (international symposium, workshop & hands-on training on diseases of the prostate gland) held at AIIMS, New Delhi on April 03-04, 2009.
Special interest in endo-urology, reconstructive urology and Andrology.
• Worked extensively with the team of senior urologists at Army hospital (R&R) and performed/assisted in almost all major open, laparoscopic & endoscopic urological surgeries.
• Worked with latest state of art equipment in urology including ESWL (modulith SLK & Direx lithotripsy), Retrograde Intrarenal Surgery (RIRS), Urodynamics, TRUS guided prostate biopsy, laparoscopy & lasers (Holmium: YAG & KTP)
• Worked as integral part of well-established renal transplant programme at Army Hospital (R&R) and Paras Hospital including donor Nephrectomy & Renal transplant.
• Worked as Consultant Urologist & Transplant surgeon at Paras Hospitals Gurgaon with extensive exposure to all urological surgical procedures including RIRS, HOLEP & ESWL including other routine urological surgeries.