MBBS, MD (Pathology)
Post Graduate Programs: MD (Pathology), S.N.M.C., Agra, India, (2000 -2003)
Graduate Programs: MBBS, K.G.M.C., Lucknow, India,(1993-1999)
After postgraduation , she completed 3 years Senior Residency from Department of Pathology, Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad.
She has expertise in protocol reporting, grossing and immunohistochemistry. She is confident enough to diagnose aspiration cytology, exfoliative cytology, squash preparations, pap smears, liquid based cytology and frozen sections.
Also worked as a clinical observer (Neuropathology and breast pathology) in Leeds General Infirmary, Leeds, United Kingdom. She completed her MRCpath part 1.
She has delivered various paper and poster presentations in state and national conferences.
To her credit, she has many publications in various national & international journals.
- Goel D, Prayaga AK, Rao N, Damodaram P. Histoplasmosis as a cause of nodular myositis in AIDS patient diagnosed on fine needle aspiration cytology. A case report. Acta Cytol. 2007 51: 89-91.
- Sundaram C, Goel D, Uppin SG, Seethajayalakshmi S., Borgohain R Intracranial mycotic aneurysm of aspergillus species – report of two patients with fatal outcome: J Clin Neurosci. 2007;14: 882-886.
- Ashwani Tandon, Deepa Goel, Shantveer G Uppin, R A Sastry - Adrenal myelolipoma in a patient with thalassemia - a case report - Journal of Postgraduate Medical Education, Training & Research 2007 11; 4. 61-62
- Goel D, Reddy S R, Sundaram C, Prayaga AK, Rajasekhar L, Narsimulu G .Active necrotizing vasculitis of cerebral vessels in SLE: Neuropathology. 2007 Dec; 27(6):561-5.
- Goel D, Babu S, Prayaga AK, Sundaram C. Pulmonary metastases of recurrent intracranial hemangiopericytoma diagnosed on fine needle aspiration cytology – a case report: Acta Cytol. 2008 May-Jun;52(3):344-6.
- Babu KS, Goel D, Prayaga AK, Rao I S, Kumar A. Intrabdominal hydatid cyst on FNAC – a case report: Acta Cytol. 2008 Jul-Aug;52(4):464-6.
- Goel D, Prayaga AK, Sundaram C, Raghunadharao D, Rajappa SJ, Rammurti S, Rao TM, Kumar RV. Utility of Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology in Mediastinal Lesions: A Clinicopathologic Study of 161 Cases From a Single Institution .Acta Cytol. 2008 Jul-Aug; 52(4):404-11.
- Goel D, Sundaram C, T. Roshni Paul, Uppin SG, Prayaga AK, Panigrahi M, Purohit A. Intraoperative cytology (squash smear) in neurosurgical practice -Pitfalls in diagnosis, Experience based on 3057 samples from a single institution. Cytopathology. Volume 18 Issue 5, Pages 300 – 30
Indian association of Pathologists and Microbiologists
Honors & Awards:
- Ganne Subalakshmi Award (Young Achiever’s Award) – 2006 Sept.- Intraoperative cytology (squash smear) in neurosurgical practice.
- Nalini Bai Thakkar Award (Best Paper Award) – 2006 Nov- Utility of Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology in Mediastinal Lesions.