The efficient practice of modern medicine rests on a base support of a sound diagnostic backup facility. The diagnostic laboratory of Artemis Hospitals is equipped with the latest state of the art equipments for its Pathology, Microbiology & Biochemistry Divisions.
The efficient practice of modern medicine rests on a base support of a sound diagnostic backup facility. The diagnostic laboratory of Artemis Hospitals is equipped with the latest state of the art equipments for its Pathology, Microbiology & Biochemistry Divisions. Our objective is to provide consistent, reliable and timely reports to facilitate optimum patient care. For the convenience of the patients, there is a common collection centre for all laboratory samples in the hospital. There is a home collection facility also. The lab services are available round the clock for the admitted patients and from 8:00 A.M. to 8:00 P.M. for the OPD patients. The laboratory services also provided facility for executive health checks under the overall program of Preventive Health Check.
THE VARIOUS SUBSECTIONS OF THE LAB ARE AS FOLLOWS:
• Clinical pathology
• Frozen section
• Molecular biology
• Special chemistry
THE DETAILS OF THE TESTS PROVIDED UNDER EACH FACILITY ARE AS FOLLOWS:
• Haematology: Routine hematology tests, Bone marrow studies and Coagulation studies
• Biochemistry: Routine Biochemistry tests and special tests like Hormone assays and drug assays.
• Microbiology: Facilities for all routine and special culture and antibiotic sensitivity tests including fungal cultures on automated identification and sensitivity machines. Automated blood culture facilities with continuous monitoring for early and accurate diagnosis of sepsis. Validation of biological controls for efficient sterilization practices.
• Serology/Immunology: Serological tests for all infectious diseases including Hepatitis markers, TORCH test, HIV, HCV, typhoid , autoimmune panels, Total IgE, , markers for critical care assessment to name a few are done on automated ELISA systems
• Cytopathology: Routine and guided FNAC facilities for processing and reporting available
• Histopathology: In house facility for histopathology processing and reporting. Intraoperative diagnosis by frozen section and imprint smears available.
• Immunohistochemistry : Accurate cancer diagnosis by in- house Immunohistochemistry
• Clinical pathology: Analysis of urine, stool, semen and other body fluid samples Semen washing facilities for intrauterine insemination.
• Molecular biology: The lab has facilities for outsourcing molecular biology tests like the PCR, Human papilloma virus Digene hybrid capture assays and viral loads.