MBBS (AIIMS), MS (Ortho)(KEM, Mumbai), Fellowship in spine surgery (Yale University, USA), Fellowship in Paediatric Spine (Shriners Hospitals for Children, USA), Joint Replacement Fellowship (AIIMS)Post Graduate Programs : MS (Ortho)(KEM Hospital and Seth G S Medical College, Mumbai) Fellowship in Spine Surgery (Yale University, USA), Fellowship in Paediatric Spine (Shriners Hospitals for Children, USA) & Joint Replacement Fellowship (AIIMS)All India Institute Of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
Dr Hitesh Garg is the head of Ortho-Spine surgery unit at Artemis hospital, Gurgaon, India. He has a rich experience of more than 15 years in spine surgery and has worked at many apex institutes around the globe like Yale University (USA), Shriners Hospital for Children, Philadelphia (USA). He has done his graduation from AIIMS, New Delhi (Top most college of India) and post graduation from prestigious KEM Hospital, Mumbai. In spite of being offered a faculty position in USA, he chose to come back to India with the aim to establish an advanced spine center of international repute in India. He has strong academic interest, has published nationally and internationally and has written chapters in world renowned books on spine surgery
He has more than 5000 spine surgeries to his credit including more than 2500 spinal fusions (TLIF, ACDF etc), 1000 deformity correction procedures (Scoliosis and kyphosis), 300 lumbar and cervical artificial disc replacements, 500 fracture treatments and 500 other complex surgeries like spinal tumour, congenital defects and spino-pelvic fixations.
He uses the latest cutting edge technology during surgery such as Neuromonitoring, O-arm, Navigation, modular operation theaters and microscope which allows him to have a high success rate of almost 98 percent.
Dr. Hitesh Garg has operated on patients from more than 50 countries including USA, Canada, Australia, Germany, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Sudan, South Sudan, Kenya, Nigeria, Zimbabwe, Malawi, Ethiopia, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Kazakhstan, Uganda, Turkmenistan, Nepal, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Nepal besides India. His clientele includes some of the very prominent national and international personalities including army officers, ministers, celebrities, sportspersons playing at national and international level, doctors and businessmen of national and international repute. His special interest includes minimally invasive spine surgeries, motion preserving spine surgeries, cranio-vertebral and cervical spine surgeries and deformity correction procedures for scoliosis and kyphosis.
Dr. Garg believes in meeting patients' individual needs through comprehensive evaluation and treatment designed to help them achieve active, pain-free lifestyles. He combines leading edge techniques with proven traditional methods to provide patients with the best care possible.
- AO Spine
- Delhi Spine Society
- Association Of Spine Surgeons Of India
- Indian Medical Association
- Gurgaon Orthopaedic Society
- Indian Orthopaedic Association
Honors & Awards:
- "Atal Swasthya Bhushan Samman 2019" awarded by Shri Om Birla, Honourable Speaker of India.
- Healthcare Today excellence award for "Best Spine Surgeon of the Year, 2018"
- Merit Award and Market Research Healthcare Award for "Best Spine Surgeon in Delhi NCR" for the year 2017
- Primetime "Global Healthcare Excellence Award" for "Best Spine Surgeon in Gurgaon" 2015
- Dr. Pandurangi Award for the “Best Orthopaedic Resident” for the year 2006-07 at KEM Hospital and Seth G S Medical College, Mumbai.
- Selected among the top 12 nominees out of 298 submissions for All Asia Young Inventor Award organized by Hewlett Packard (Dec 2000), for work on Homemade spacer for asthmatic patients. The work was mentioned in “Far Eastern Economic Review” (Dec, 2000).
- Dr Hira Lal Sharma Memorial Gold Medal (1996-97) for standing first in Punjab School Education Board ( Std XII ) in the state of Punjab
- Priviliged to sign the college Roll of Honour ( 1996-97)
- Ranked 5th in All India Pre-Medical Entrance Examination
- Merit certificate and silver medal from Punjab School Education Board
- National Level Science Talent Search Examination Scholarship
- Wenhai Wang, George Baran, Hitesh Garg, Randal R. Betz, Patrick J. Cahill: Cement augmentation of pedicle screw fixation: a finite element analysis :( Submitted to spine)
- Samdani A, Cahill P, Garg H, Bonet H, Betz R: Acute intraoperative shunt failure in a case with myelomeningocoele A case report : ( JBJS(Am) , Feb 2012 )
- Miller CP, Jegede K, Essig D, Garg H, Bible JE, Biswas D, Whang PG, Grauer JN The Efficacies of Two Ceramic Bone Graft Extenders for Promoting Spinal Fusion in a Rabbit Bone Paucity Model. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2011 Aug 18.
- Garg, Hitesh , Ramachandran, Ravi, Yue, James “Prodisc-C”.Techniques in Orthopaedics: June 2010 - Volume 25 - Issue 2 - pp 118-126
- Mohanty SS, Bhasme VK, Garg H, Wargantiwar A. The haemophilic pseudotumour - surgical treatment by excision and filling the defect with calcium-phosphate cement granules.( Haemophilia. 2007 Mar;13(2):217-20 )
- Bapat M, Choudhary K, Garg H, Laheri V : Reconstruction of Iliac Crest using autogenous rib graft (Spine 2008 Nov 1;33(23) 2570-75 )
- Garg H Mohanty SS: Study of the self centering mechanism of bipolar endoprosthesis (Thesis. Mumbai university)
- Singhal T, Garg H, Arora HS, Lodha R, Pandey RM, Kabra SK : Efficacy of a homemade spacer with acute exacerbation of bronchial asthma : A randomized controlled trial.( Indian J Pediatr 2001; 68(1) : 37-40 )
Degenerative spine disorders, Spinal deformity, Spinal trauma, Spinal Infections, Osteoporosis, Spinal Tumours
- Spinal Fusions (TLIF, ALIF, DLIF, Axial-LIF, PLIF, PLF)
- Spinal deformity (Scoliosis and Kyphosis) correction
- Artificial Disc Replacements (Cervical and Lumbar)
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgeries
- Cervical Spine Surgery
- Occipito-cervical and C1-C2 surgeries
- Spinal tumours
- Kyphoplasty and Vertebroplasty
- Motion preserving surgeries for degenerative spine and scoliosis
- Growing rod for scoliosis
- Spinal Trauma surgeries
- Pain Procedures: Epidural Blocks, radiofrequency Ablation, Spinal cord stimulator, Baclofen and Morphine Pumps, Percutaneous discectomy
Download Scoliosis Screening PIL