- MS (Surgery, AIIMS), Mch (Urology, AIIMS)
- Fellowship in Urologic Oncology & Robotic surgery (USA)
- Fellowship in Endo Urology & Laparoscopy(USA)
- Fellowship in Endo Urology & Laparoscopy (AIIMS, ND)
Brief Profile: Dr. Rajiv Yadav
has over two decades of experience in the treatment of Urological diseases
involving Prostate, Kidney & Urinary bladder. His clinical focus is on Robot assisted Laparoscopic Surgery for
Prostate Cancer, Kidney Cancer and Urinary bladder cancers. He leads a team of
experts which is proficient in handling all sorts of complex urological
procedures. Together they have performed thousands of procedures with results
matching with that of the best centers in the world.
He is the
recipient of numerous awards and accolades. It includes
the ‘Best Clinical Research’ award by the American Urological Association, for
two consecutive years 2008 and 2009, ‘Gold Medal’ for Best Outgoing resident in
Urology. He has authored more than 100 scientific articles and invited articles
on various aspects of Minimally Invasive Urology and Urologic Oncology research.
Link : (https://www.artemishospitals.com/specialities/robotic-surgery)
- Urological Society of India
- American Urological Association
- North zone Urological Society of India
- Delhi Urological Society
- Association of Surgeons of India
- Evaluation and Management of Urological Cancers
- Robotic Surgery for Urological Cancer
- Robotic Radical prostatectomy – For Prostate Cancer
- Robotic Partial/ Radical Nephrectomy – For Kidney Cancer
- Robotic Radical Cystectomy with Urinary Diversion – For Bladder Cancer
- Robotic Adrenalectomy/ Robotic Pyeloplasty
- MRI-TRUS Fusion Biopsy
- Endoscopic/ Laparoscopic/Open Surgical procedures
Awards & Honors:
- Best Video Award Year 2016, Robotic Surgeon’s Council Meet, New Delhi (Salvage Robotic Radical Prostatectomy)
- Delhi Urological Society (DUSCON) Achievers award 2016
- Best Reviewer Award Year 2015, Indian journal of Urology
- Best Poster Award Year 2015, NZUSICON, Srinagar
- Award for Best Paper in Robotic Surgery (IJU)Vattikuti Foundation- IJU for year 2014
- Best Surgical Video Award (1st Prize) at ASICON, 2014
- Agra Urological Club Best Video Award (2nd prize) at NZUSICON , Nov 2012
- First prize 2009 American Urological Association/Gyrus ACMI Best Clinical Research essay
- Co- Investigator National Institutes of Health R01 Grant Award (PA-07-070)
- Project: Real-time multiphoton microscopy of periprostatic tissue architecture for improving surgical outcomes during nerve-sparing radical prostatectomy
- First prize 2008 American Urological Association /Astellas Best Scientific Abstract award
- First prize 2008 American Urological Association /Gyrus ACMI Best Clinical Research essay
- First prize 2008 American Urological Association Best scientific video presentation award
- First prize 2008 International College of Surgeons, USA. Best Research essay award
- Best Abstract 2008 Basic Science award by Sexual Medicine Society of North America at 2008 SMSNA Fall Scientific meeting Oct 18, 2008 Toronto, ON, Canada
- Best Scientific paper award 2008 Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons 17th SLS Annual Meeting and Endo Expo 2008, Sep 17-20, 2008, Chicago, Illinois, USA
- Best Video award 2008 Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons 17th SLS Annual Meeting and Endo Expo 2008, Sep 17-20, 2008, Chicago, Illinois, USA
- Gold Medal in Urology for best outgoing resident at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences New Delhi in December 2005
- Awarded the GM Phadketravelling fellowship by the Urological Society of India in January 2005
Research and Publications:
- Papers Published in peer reviewed journals (Indexed)
- Bansal S, Gupta NP, Yadav R, Khera R, Ahlawat K, Gautam D, Ahlawat R, Gautam G. Multiparametric magnetic resonance imaging-transrectal ultrasound fusion prostate biopsy: A prospective, single centre study. Indian Journal of Urology: IJU: Journal of the Urological Society of India. 2017 Apr;33(2):134.
- Yadav R, Chaudhary S, Yadav P and Kumar A. An Accessory Spleen Mimicking Left Adrenal Tumor: Tc 99m LabeledSulfur Colloid Scintigraphy can Avoid Invasive Investigation. ¹ Austin J Clin Case Rep. 2016; 3(5): 1104.
- Yadav R, Chaudhary S, Yadav P, Kumar A. Paraneoplastic Fever, Leukemoid Reaction and Thrombocytosis in Transitional Cell Carcinoma of Kidney: A Rare Presentation. Indian Journal of Case Reports. 2016 Sep 27;2(4).
- Rupala K, Mittal V, Gupta R, Yadav R. Atypical presentation of pheochromocytoma: Central nervous system pseudovasculitis. Indian Journal of Urology. 2017 Jan 1;33(1):82.
- Mittal V, Rupala KK, Yadav R, Suryavanshi M. Giant Sarcomatoid Carcinoma with Osseous Metaplasia from Urinary Bladder Diverticulum. Indian Journal of Surgical Oncology. 2017:1-4.
- Yadav R, Kumar A. 68Gallium-DOTANOC positron emission tomography/computed tomography scintigraphy for an unusual case of malignant pheochromocytoma: Findings and review of literature. Annals of Nigerian Medicine. 2016 Jul 1;10(2):68.
- Selective Indication for Check Cystogram before catheter removal following Robot Assisted Radical Prostatectomy. Rajiv Yadav, Somendra Bansal, Narmada P Gupta. Indian J Urol 2016: 32: 120-3
- Analysis of Outcome following Robotic Assisted Radical Prostatectomy for patients with high risk prostate cancer as per D’Amico Classification. NP Gupta, AnandanMurugesan, Anand Kumar, Rajiv Yadav. Indian J Urol2016: 32:115-9
- Bilateral simultaneous robot-assisted pyelolithotomy for large (>6cm) kidney stones: technique and review of literature. Yadav Rajiv, Abhaykumar, Yadav P. J Robotic Surg. DOI 10.1007/s11701-015-0524-1.J Robot Surg. 2015 Sep;9(3):263-6
- Perioperative and Continence outcomes of robotic radical prostatectomy in elderly Indian men (>70 years): A sub-group analysis. Yadav Rajiv, Gupta NP, Akpo EE, Kumar A. Indian J Urol 2015 Jul-Sep;31(3):229-33
- Continence outcomes following robotic radical prostatectomy: our experience from consecutive 150 patients. Gupta NP, Yadav Rajiv, Akpo EE. Indian J Urol. 2014 Oct;30(4):374-7
- A hospital based study on reference range of serum prostate specific antigen levels. Gupta A, Gupta D, Raizada A, Gupta NP, Yadav Rajiv, Vinayak k, Tiwari V. Indian J Med Res. 2014 Oct; 140(4):507-12.
- Pathological outcomes and strategies to achieve optimal cancer control during robotic radical prostatectomy in Asian-Indian men. Tewari AK, Srivastava A, Sooriakumaran P, Grover S, Desir S, Dev H, Yadav Rajiv, Leung R, Shevchuk M. Indian J Urol. 2011 Jul; 27(3):326-30
- Anatomical grades of nerve sparing: a risk-stratified approach to neural-hammock sparing during robot-assisted radical prostatectomy (RARP). Tewari AK, Srivastava A, Huang MW, Robinson BD, Shevchuk MM, Durand M, Sooriakumaran P, Grover S, Yadav Rajiv, Mishra N, Mohan S, Brooks DC, Shaikh N, Khanna A, Leung R. BJU Int 2011 Sep;108 (6Pt 2):984-92
- Multiphoton microscopy for structure identification in human prostate and periprostatic tissue: implication in prostate cancer surgery. Tewari AK, Shevchuk MM, Sterling J, Grover S, Herman M, Yadav Rajiv, Mudalair K, Srivastava A, Rubin MA, Zipfel WR, Maxfield FR, Xu C, Webb WW, Mukherjee S. BJU Int. 2011 Nov;108 (9):1421-9
- Anatomical retro-apical technique of synchronous (posterior and anterior) urethral transaction: a novel approach for ameliorating apical margin positivity during robotic radical prostatectomy. Tewari AK, Srivastava A, Mudaliar K, Tan GY, Grover S, El Douaihy Y, Peters D, Leung R, Yadav R, John M, Wysock J, Vaughan ED, Muir S, Amin MB, Rubin M, Tu J, Akthar M, Shevchuk M. BJU Int. 2010 Nov;106(9):1364-73.
- Tewari AK, Patel ND, Leung RA, Yadav Rajiv, Vaughan ED, El-Douaihy Y, Tu JJ, Amin MB, Akhtar M, Burns M, Kreaden U, Rubin MA, Takenaka A, Shevchuk MM. Visual cues as a surrogate for tactile feedback during robotic-assisted laparoscopic prostatectomy: posterolateral margin rates in 1340 consecutive patients.BJU Int. 2010 Nov;106(9):1364-73
- Yadav Rajiv, Tan G, Tewari A. Screening for cancer of the prostate: do we have an answer? Natl Med J India. 2009 Jul-Aug;22(4):184-7.
- Tewari A, Yadav Rajiv. Diary of a urologist as trainee in USA. Indian J Urol 2009; 25(2):257-8
- Yadav Rajiv, Mukherjee S, Leung RA, Jhaveri J, Rao S, Tan GY, Maxfield FR, Tewari A. Multiphoton microscopy of prostate and periprostatic neural tissue: A promising imaging technique for improving nerve sparing prostatectomy J Endourol2009 May;23(5):861-7
- Yadav R,Tu JJ, Jhaveri J, Leung RA, Rao S, Tewari AK. Prostate volume and the incidence of extraprostatic extension: is there a relation? J Endourol 2009;23(3):383-6
- Tewari AK, Gold HT, Demers RY, Johnson CC, Yadav R, Wagner EH, Field TS, Divine G, Menon M. Effect of socioeconomic factors on long-term mortality in men with clinically localized prostate cancer. Urology 2009;73(3):624-30
- Yadav Rajiv, Kumar A, Mehta SN, Guleria S, Seenu V, Tiwari SC. Testicular androgenic function in recipients of a live related renal allograft. IntUrolNephrol 2008; 40(2):397-403
- Yadav Rajiv, Gupta Narmada P, Gamanagatti S, Yadav P, Kumar R, Seith A. Supra 12thSupracostal access: When and Where to Puncture. J Endourol 2008 Jun;22(6):1209-12
- Berryhill R, Jhaveri J, Yadav Rajiv, Leung RA, Rao S, Hakim AE, Tewari A. Robotic Prostatectomy: A review of outcomes compared with laparoscopic and open approaches. Urology 2008; 72(1):15-23
- Tewari A, Jhaveri J, Rao S, Yadav Rajiv, Bartsch G et al. Total reconstruction of the vesico-urethral junction. BJU Int. 2008; 101(7):871-7
- Gupta NP, Yadav Rajiv, Singh A. Laparoscopic transmesocolicpyelolithotomy in an ectopic pelvic kidney.JSLS. 2007 Apr-Jun;11(2):258-60.
- Kumar R, Yadav Rajiv, Kolla SB. Simultaneous bilateral robot-assisted dismembered pyeloplasties for bilateral ureteropelvic junction obstruction: technique and literature review.
- J Endourol.2007 Jul;21(7):750-3.
- Gupta NP, Yadav Rajiv. Nephron sparing surgery for perirenalliposarcoma: 24 months recurrence free follow up. IntBraz J Urol 2007 Mar-Apr, 33(2): 188-92.
- Yadav Rajiv, Das AK, Kumar R. Malignant non functionalparaganglioma of the bladder presenting with azotemia. IntUrolNephrol 2007;39(2):449-51
- Yadav Rajiv, Aron M, Gupta NP, Hemal AK, Seth A, Kolla SB. Safety of Supracostal Punctures for Percutaneous Renal Surgery. Int J Urol 2006 Oct;13(10):1267-70
- Gupta NP, Yadav Rajiv. Eggshell calcification of kidney in ureteropelvic junction obstruction.
- IntBraz J Urol. 2006 Sep-Oct;32(5):557-9.
- Narmada P Gupta, Rajeev Kumar, RajivYadav. Safety of holmium laser prostatectomy in patients with cardiac pacemaker implant. Indian J Urol 2006; 22:46-8.
- Goel R, Yadav Rajiv, Gupta NP, Aron M. Laparoscopic Assisted Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy (PCNL) in Ectopic Kidneys: Two Different Techniques.
- IntUrolNephrol. 2006;38(1):75-8.
- Yadav Rajiv, Kumar R, Hemal AK. Laparoscopy in the management of stone disease of urinary tract. J Min Access Surg 2005;1:173-180.
- Aron M, Yadav Rajiv, Goel R, Kolla SB, Gautam G, Hemal AK, Gupta NP. Multi-tract percutaneous nephrolithotomy for large complete staghorn calculi.
- Urol Int. 2005;75(4):327-32.
- Aron M, Yadav Rajiv, Goel R, Hemal AK, Gupta NP. Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy(PCNL) for Complete Staghorn Calculi in Pre-school Children. J Endourol 2005 Oct;19(8):968-72.
- Yadav Rajiv, Ansari MS, Dogra PN. Renal Cell Carcinoma Presenting as Solitary Foot Metastasis. IntUrolNephrol 2004; 36: 329-330.
- Barai S, Kumar R, Mehta SN, Dinda AK, Yadav Rajiv, Bandopadhayaya GP, Tarun S, Malhotra A.Diagnostic significance of semiquantitative and quantitative parameters of Tc99m-Ethylenedicystine renal allograft scintigraphy.IntUrolNephrol 2003; 35: 451-456.
- Murugesan A, Yadav R. Robot Assisted Boari Flap Ureteric Reimplantation. InOperative Atlas of Laparoscopic and Robotic Reconstructive Urology 2017 (pp. 281-286). Springer International Publishing.
- Ahluwalia P, Mittal V, Yadav R. Evaluation of hematuria. Textbook of Emergency and Trauma care 2017. Jaypee Brothers Medical Publisher
- Rajiv Yadav. Urinary Incontinence. Annals of Geriatric Education and Medical Sciences. Jan-June 2014, Vol 1, Issue 1.
- Tewari A, Tan GY, Dorsey PJ, Yadav Rajiv, Ramanathan R, Patel N, Takenaka A. Optimsinigerectogenic outcomes during athermal robotic prostatectomy: A risk-stratified tri-zonal approach. Urology Times Clinical Edition 2008; 3: s4-s12
- Rajiv Yadav, Rajeev kumar. Virtual versus real cystoscopy. Article review: ‘Kim JK, Park SY, Kim HS, Kim SH, Cho KS. Comparison of virtual cystoscopy, multiplanar reformation and source CT images with contrast material-filled bladder for detecting lesions. AJR 2005; 185:689-96’. Indian J Urol 2007; 23:84-85.
- Rajiv Yadav, Rajeev Kumar. Dietary modifications for preventing recurrent stones. Article review. ‘Borghi L, Schianchi T, Meschi T et al. Comparison of two diets for the prevention of recurrent stones in idiopathic hypercalciuria. N Engl J Med 2002; 346: 77-84’. Indian J Urol 2006; 22: 386-387.
- R Kumar, Rajiv Yadav. Autopsy prostate cancer: Pre and post PSA era. Article review: ‘Konety BR, Bird VY, Deorah S, DahmoushL.Comparison of the incidence of latent prostate cancer detected at autopsy before and after the prostate specific antigen era. J Urol. 2005;174:1785-8’. Indian J Urol 2006; 22: 82-3.
- R Kumar, Rajiv Yadav. Little of no residual prostate cancer at radical prostatectomy. Article review: ‘D. Cao, M. Hafez, K. Berg, K. Murphy, JI. Epstein. Little or no residual prostate cancer at radical prostatectomy: Vanishing cancer or switched specimen?: A microsatellite analysis of specimen identity. Am J SurgPathol 2005;29:467-73’. Indian J Urol 2006; 22: 83.
- R Kumar, RajivYadav.Adolescentvaricocele repair. Article review: ‘Cayan S, Acar D, Ulger S, Akbay E. Adolescent varicocele repair: long-term results and comparison of surgical techniques according to optical magnification use in 100 cases at a single university hospital.J Urol. 2005;174:2003-6’. Indian J Urol 2006; 22: 84.
- Rajiv Yadav, Monish Aron. Stone treatment: From antiquity to the future. USI Newsletter June 2004.