Dr. Abhinandan has received his education and training at the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh. Over a period of over 8 years, he was involved actively in clinical care, research and teaching.
He is expert in dealing with several Urologic problems ranging from kidney stone disease, male sexual problems, infertility, diseases of the prostate, complex reconstructive procedure for urethral stricture and urological cancer surgeries. During his residency in PGI, Chandigarh, he took part in more than 300 Robotic assisted laparoscopic surgeries for Urological Cancers and complex reconstructive procedures.
After completion of his superspeciality training, he joined as faculty in GGS medical college and hospital, Faridkot, Punjab. He established the Department of Urology in GGS Medical college and participated extensively in teaching of undergraduate and postgraduate medical students. More than 600 major urological surgeries over a period of two and half years were done.
He has also worked as consultant urologist at Max Smart Superspeciality Hospital Delhi and Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gururgram. . Dr Abhinandan takes keen interest in academic activities as well. He has numerous research paper presentations in national and international conferences along with seven publications.
- Urological Society of India
- North Zone Urological Society of India
Honors and Awards:
- 2nd Prize CMC Ludhiana Prize Poster Category In North Zone USICON 2015 Srinagar Entitled “Alterations In Bone Mineral Density Amongst Adults With Staghorn Stone Disease : A Prospective Study”
- 2nd Prize In Agra Urology Club Best Video Category In North Zone USICON 2016 “Robot Assisted Partial Nephrectomy In A Posteriorly Located Tumor; tips And Tricks”
- Best Poster Prize In East Zone USICON 2016 Imphal For “Restage TURBT In Non-muscle Invasive Bladder Cancer: Our Experience”
- International Paper Presentation Entitled “The Clinical Significance Of Restage TURBT For Nonmuscle Invasive Bladder Cancer In Indian Scenario” In 22nd NCCN Annual Conference Held In Orlando, Florida, 2017
- International Paper Presentation “The Evaluation And Outcome Of A New Intravesical BCG Protocol For Non-Muscle Invasive Bladder Cancer In A Tertiary Care Center In India” In ESMO Asia Annual Conference Held In Singapore, 2017
- Established the Urology Department and performed Uro- oncologic surgeries like Radical Cystectomy + ileal conduit, Partial Nephrectomy and Radical Prostatectomy first time ever in GGS Medical College, Faridkot, Punjab
- Started Endo-urological procedures like PCNL and reconstructive urological surgeries like Progressive Perineal Urethroplasty and Buccal Mucosal Graft Urethroplasty first time ever in GGS Medical College, Faridkot, Punjab
- All India rank 23rd in AIPGME ( All India Post Graduate Medical Entrance Examinations) conducted by AIIMS in 2008.
- All India rank 38th in AIPGME ( All India Post Graduate Medical Entrance Examinations) conducted by PGI, Chandigarh.
- All India rank 3 in the MCh Urology entrance examinations conducted by PGI Chandigarh
- Urological cancers
- Kidney transplant
- Benign diseases of prostate (BPH, Chronic Prostatitis)
- Recurrent kidney stones management
- Andrology and male Infertility
- Varicocele and its treatment
- Neurogenic bladder disorders especially Over Active Bladder
- Stress urinary incontinence
- Interstitial Cystitis
- Chronic scrotal pain and Orchalgia management
- Recurrent Urinary Tract Infection