Bachelors of Medicine, Bachelors of Surgery (MBBS), C.S.J.M University, Kanpur, India
- M.Ch- Cardio Vascular and Thoracic Surgery, G B Pant Hospital, Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi
- M.S- General Surgery, King George Medical University, Lucknow, India
- Clinical Instructor- Robotic and Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery, East Carolina Heart Institute, Greenville, NC
Clinical Fellow- Congenital Cardiac Surgery, The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA
Clinical Fellow- Pediatric Cardio Thoracic Surgery, Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC, Pittsburgh, PA 15242
Dr Aseem R Srivastava is a Senior Consultant in the Department of Pediatric Cardiothoracic Surgery at Artemis Hospital, Gurgaon.
Dr. Srivastava did his MBBS from GSVM Medical College, training in General Surgery (M.S) from King George Medical University and Cardiothoracic Surgery (M.Ch) from GB Pant Hospital.
He did his training in Pediatric and Neonatal Cardiac Surgery from The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC. After his training, he worked in East Carolina Heart Institute where he gained extensive experience in Minimal Access Cardiac Surgery and Robotic Cardiac Surgery.
Dr. Srivastava has worked in most prominent programs of Pediatric Cardiac Surgery in USA.
Dr. Srivastava has a vast experience in reconstructive operation (neonates and infants) and is a strong proponent of early corrective repair wherever possible. Dr. Srivastava is an expert in minimally access Aortic valve and Mitral valve surgery
1. World Society for Pediatric and Congenital Heart Surgery
2. Indian Association of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgeons
3. Pediatric Cardiac Society of India
4. Society of Pediatric and Congenital Heart Surgeons
5. World Society for Pediatric and Congenital Heart Surgery
Honors & Awards:
Babu Kashi Ram Dhawan Gold Medal for Best Student, M.S (Surgery), King George Medical University, Lucknow, India in 2004
1. Khorsandi M, Banerjee A, Singh H, Srivastava A.R. Is a tricuspid annuloplasty ring significantly better than a De Vega’s annuloplasty stitch when repairing severe tricuspid regurgitation? Interact CardioVasc Thorac Surg. 15 (2012) 129–135
2. Srivastava AR, Banerjee A, Tempe DK, Mishra B, Muppiri V, Narang S, Singh H, Virmani S.A Comprehensive Approach to Fast Tracking in Cardiac Surgery: Ambulatory Low-Risk Open-Heart Surgery. European Journal of Cardio-thoracic Surgery 33(2008) 955-960.
3. Srivastava AR, Banerjee A, Mishra BB, Minhas H, Virmani S. Does Hemodilution by the crystalloid solution derange the efficacy of anticoagulation during cardiopulmonary bypass? Journal of Cardiac Surgery.2008;23:239-245
4. Srivastava AR, Kumar S, Agarwal GG, Ranjan P. Blunt abdominal injury: Serum ALT- A of liver injury and a guide to assessment of its severity. Injury. 2007; 38: 1069-1074
5. Srivastava AR, Modi P, Sahi S, Niwariya Y, Singh H, Banerjee A. Anticoagulation for pregnant patients with mechanical heart valves. Ann Card Anaesth. 2007;10:95-107
6. Srivastava AR, Banerjee A, Jacob S, Dunning J. Should patients undergoing coronary artery grafting with mild to moderate ischaemic mitral regurgitation also undergo mitral valve repair or replacement? Interact CardioVasc Thorac Surg. 2007; 6: 538-46
7. Priyadarshi Ranjan, Ashish Gupta, Sandeep Kumar, Gowda GA, Aseem Ranjan, Abhinav A Sonker et al. Detection of amino acid markers of liver trauma by proton nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy. Liver International 2006: 26: 703–707
8. Srivastava AR, Dalela D. Prostate cancer: Altering the natural history by dietary changes
Nat Med J Ind. 2004; 17:248-53
9.Betigeri V, Niwariya Y, Modi P, Srivastava AR, Sahi S, Banerjee A. Congenitally unguarded tricuspid valve orifice with a hypoplastic right ventricle and free thrombus in a giant right atrium. Indian journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery. 2007: 23: 272-74.
10. L. Wiley Nifong, Hazaim Alwair, Kaushik Mandal, Aseem Srivastava, W. Randolph Chitwood, Jr. Robotic Mitral Valve Repair: A Single Institutional Series of 853 Procedures Innovations. Volume 9, Number 3, 2014. Page 171.
11. Mandal Kaushik, Aseem R. Srivastava, L. Wiley Nifong, W. Randolph Chitwood Jr.,
Robot-Assisted Partial Atrioventricular Canal Defect Repair and Cryo-Maze Procedure
The Annals of Thoracic Surgery, Volume 101, Issue 2, 756 - 758
Aseem Srivastava, Matt Harrison, Stephanie Fuller. 2015. Vascular Anomalies of the Neonatal Airway
In: J. Lioy and S.E. Sobol (eds.), Disorders of the Neonatal Airway: Fundamentals for Practice (pp 13-119) Springer-Verlag New York
Pediatric Cardiac Surgery
Adult Congenital Heart Surgery
Minimal Access Cardiac Surgery
Anomalous Left Coronary Artery from the Pulmonary Artery (ALCAPA)
Aortic Regurgitation/ Aortic Stenosis
Atrial Septal Defect
Atrioventricular Canal Defects
Coarctation of the Aorta
Congenitally Corrected Transposition of the Great Arteries
Double Outlet Right Ventricle
Ebstein’s Anomaly of the Tricuspid Valve
Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS)
Interruption of the Aortic Arch
Mitral Valve Defects
Patent Ductus Arteriosus (PDA)
Single Ventricle Heart Defects
Tetralogy of Fallot
Total Anomalous Pulmonary Venous Return (TAPVR)
Transposition of the Great Arteries
Ventricular Septal Defect (VSD)