• M.Ch. (Cardiothoracic and vascular Surgery): AIIMS(2000-02)
• Clinical fellow: MAYO CLINIC (2003-04) USA
• Assistant professor CTVS, SMS Medical college jaipur(2005-09)
Dr. Akhil Govil is a dynamic and talented cardiothoracic and vascular surgeon. Apart from basic cardiac and thoracic procedures he has a rich experience in performing advanced off pump CABG surgeries like LIMA RIMA Y technique CABG, minimally invasive CABG via small thoracotomy. He has been involved in more than 5000 open heart procedures and also has a good exposure of congenital heart defects (blue baby) procedures. He has attended various conferences both nationally and internationally and shows keen interest in advanced minimally invasive cardiac surgery procedures. He is also an expert in managing cardiothoracic and vascular emergencies.
• Indian Association of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgeons
• Clinical Fellow Mayo Clinic cardiac surgery, USA
Honors & Awards:
• Gold medal in MBBS for securing highest marks