MBBS, MS (General Surgery)
Medical School - Maulana Azad Medical College & Associated Lok Nayak & G B Pant Hospitals, New Delhi.
Prof. T K Thusoo has a long surgical experience of more than 40 years. He has been an examiner in surgery for University of Delhi & other Indian Universities for both under graduate & post graduate courses. He has more than 40 publications both in National & International Journals.
He has special interest in Endocrine Surgery, particularly Thyroid & Parathyroid Surgery & also Breast Surgery, apart from having rich experience in GI & Laparoscopic Surgery being on the faculty of prestigious teaching hospital viz. Maulana Azad Medical College & Associated Lok Nayak & G B Pant Hospitals, New Delhi.
Life member of following associations:
• Association of Surgeons of India
• Association of G I Endo Surgeons
• Delhi State Chapter of Association of Surgeons of India.
• Indian Medical Association
• Delhi Medical Association
HONORS AND AWARDS
• Gold Medals in Anatomy, Pathology & Pharmacology and First Prize & Silver Medal in Physiology, 2nd Prize in Gynae. & Obstetrics in MBBS.
• Best Article in Indian Journal Of Surgery for Yr. 1978
• WHO Fellowship for Laparoscopic Surgery in various Institutions in USA from Sept. 93 to March,1994
• Dr. T J Agarwal Memorial Oration for the year 1998 of Delhi State Chapter of Association of Surgeons of India.
• Delhi State Award for Service Doctors for Yr.1999- 2000
• Distinguished Alumni Award of Maulana Azad Medical College for the Yr. 2002.
• Chairman’s Award of Max Health Care for Yr.2004-05.
• Silver Jubilee Oration of Surgery Update 2009, Annual National CME programme of Dept. Of Surgery, M A M College, NewDelhi.
Endocrine Surgery, particularly Thyroid & Parathyroid Surgery, Breast Surgery & GI Cancers.
Endocrine Surgery: I was In-Charge of Endocrine Surgery Clinic at Lok Nayak Hospital, New Delhi for more than 20 years. I have special interest in Thyroid Surgery and have carried out more than 1000 thyroid operations for both benign and malignant thyroid diseases.
Cancer Surgery: GI Cancers viz. Esophageal Cancers, Stomach Cancer, Cancer Colon, Rectal Cancers , Pancreatic Cancers; Cancer Breast; Thyroid Cancers; Genito-Urinary Cancers viz. bladder cancers, renal tumors.
Laparoscopic Surgery: I was awarded WHO fellowship for training in laparoscopic surgery in various centers in USA for 6 months in Yr.1993-94 and have been regularly carrying out basic laparoscopic procedures including laparoscopic cholecystectomy, appedicectomy etc. for last 20 years.