After doing his MBBS from Govt Medical college Calicut (Kerala), Dr Ragesh Radhakrishnan Nair secured all India rank 8 in the nationwide MD/MS entrance examinations conducted by AIIMS-New Delhi. He went on to do MD Internal Medicine from AIIMS- New Delhi. He was trained by stalwarts of Internal Medicine at AIIMS and topped the MD- Internal Medicine final exams at AIIMS- Delhi.
He topped the nationwide DM- Clinical Hematology Entrance exams conducted by AIIMS- New Delhi in 2015 and subsequently went on to complete his DM Clinical Hematology from AIIMS. At AIIMS, Hematology Dept he was trained by the world leaders in bone marrow transplant and Hemato-oncology. He subsequently joined Artemis Health Institute at Gurgaon in the Dept of Haemato-oncology (Adult) and BMT.
He has numerous publications in international and national journals:
• Book chapters: 4
• Publications in indexed journals: 14
• Policy documents (national): 1
• Thesis: 2
Details of the publications:
1. Co-authored a chapter on “Interfaces for Noninvasive Ventilation: General elements and Options” in the textbook of “Noninvasive Mechanical Ventilation” Print ISBN: 978-3-319-21652-2, Online ISBN: 978-3-319-21653-9, Copyright: Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
2. Co-authored a chapter on “Heated Humidifier” in the textbook of “Noninvasive Mechanical Ventilation” Print ISBN: 978-3-319-21652-2, Online ISBN: 978-3-319-21653-9, Copyright: Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
3. Co-authored a chapter on “ Lung and lung dysfunction’ in “ Textbook of biochemistry, Biotechnology, Allied and molecular medicine”, ISBN-13: 9788120351257
4. Co-authored a chapter “A Case of Paradoxical Vocal Cord Motion Presenting as Obstructive Sleep Apnea” in the Case Book of Sleep Medicine by American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM)
Publications in journals:
1. IMPACT OF INFECTION PRIOR TO THE INITIATION OF INDUCTION.... EHA Learning Center. Radhakrishnan Nair R. Jun 14 2018; 216103 [Internet]. [cited 2018 Jun 16]. Available from: https://learningcenter.ehaweb.org/eha/2018/stockholm/216103/ragesh.radhakrishnan.nair.impact.of.infection.prior.to.the.initiation.of.html?f=menu=6*ce_id=1346*ot_id=19045*media=3*marker=168
2. Chauhan R, Sazawal S, Singh K, Ragesh R Nair R, Chhikara S, Deka R, et al. Reversal of Glanzmann thrombasthenia platelet phenotype after imatinib treatment in a pediatric chronic myeloid leukemia patient. Platelets. 2018 Mar;29(2):203–6.
3. Farooqui FA, Sharma SK, Kumar A, Soneja M, Mani K, Radhakrishnan R, et al. Endothelial function and carotid intima media thickness in obstructive sleep apnea without comorbidity. Sleep Breath Schlaf Atm. 2017 Mar;21(1):69–76.
4. Pawar S, Sharma A, Ragesh R, Nischal N, Jha S, Das CJ, et al. An Interesting Case of Bilateral Lung Consolidation. J Assoc Physicians India. 2015 Jul;63(7):54–7.
5. Ragesh R, Ray A, Mian A, Vyas S, Sharma SK. Cavitary Lung Lesions in a Difficult-To-Treat Asthma Patient. J Assoc Physicians India. 2016 Apr;64(4):73–6.
6. Agarwal A, Sharma SK, Sinha S, Ragesh R, Memon S, Gupta SD, et al. Primary Sjögren’s Syndrome Presenting as Flaccid Quadriparesis. J Assoc Physicians India. 2015 Apr;63(4):60–3.
7. S A, R R, Nischal N, Soneja M, Kakkar A, Sharma MC, et al. Tuberous Sclerosis with Disseminated Malignancy. J Assoc Physicians India. 2016 Nov;64(11):68–71.
8. Pawar S, Ragesh R, Nischal N, Das CJ, Tripathi M, Sharma SK. Disseminated Tuberculosis Masquerading as Metastatic Pancreatic Carcinoma. J Assoc Physicians India. 2015 May;63(5):66–8.
9. Pawar S, Ragesh R, Nischal N, Sharma S, Panda PK, Sharma SK. Unique Triad of “Pregnancy, Kala Azar and Hemophagocytic Lymphohistiocytic Syndrome from a Non-Endemic Region.” J Assoc Physicians India. 2015 Jun;63(6):65-8.
10. Pawar S, Ganakumar V, Jha S, Ragesh R, Ray A, Kakkar A, et al. Pulmonary Cryptococcoma Masquerading as Lung Cancer. J Assoc Physicians India. 2016 May;64(5):66–8.
11. Mittal A, Sharma S, Gupta VG, Ragesh R, Nischal N, Gogia A, et al. Carcinoma of Unknown Primary Presenting as Peripheral Symmetric Gangrene. J Assoc Physicians India. 2017 Feb;65(2):78–81.
12. Sharma SK, Katoch VM, Mohan A, Kadhiravan T, Elavarasi A, Ragesh R, et al. Consensus & Evidence-based INOSA Guidelines 2014 (First edition). Indian J Chest Dis Allied Sci. 2015 Mar;57(1):48–64.
13. Sharma SK, Katoch VM, Mohan A, Kadhiravan T, Elavarasi A, Ragesh R, et al. Consensus & evidence-based INOSA Guidelines 2014 (first edition). Indian J Med Res. 2014 Sep;140(3):451–68.
14. Sharma SK, Katoch VM, Mohan A, Kadhiravan T, Elavarasi A, Ragesh R, et al. Consensus and evidence-based Indian initiative on obstructive sleep apnea guidelines 2014 (first edition). Lung India Off Organ Indian Chest Soc. 2015 Aug;32(4):422–34.
15. Contributer in ; Sharma SK, Ryan H, Khaparde S, Sachdeva KS, Singh AD, Mohan A, et al. Index-TB guidelines: Guidelines on extrapulmonary tuberculosis for India. Indian J Med Res. 2017 Apr;145(4):448–63.
1. Contributor and executive group member of Consensus & Evidence-Based INOSA Guidelines first edition under the auspices of dept. of health research, Ministry of health and family welfare, Govt of India: Available online at https://dhr.gov.in/dhrguidelines/consensus-evidence-based-inosa-guidelines
2. Contributed to the Index-TB Guidelines: Guidelines on extrapulmonary tuberculosis for India: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5663158/
1. MD (AIIMS, New Delhi) thesis accepted: “effects of implementing a ventilator associated pneumonia (VAP) prevention bundle on outcome in patients on mechanical ventilation”
2. DM (AIIMS, New Delhi) thesis accepted: “Impact of infection at baseline on induction outcome in acute leukemia patients undergoing chemotherapy”
• European Hematology association (EHA)
• Indian society of hematology and transfusion medicine (ISHTM)
• Executive group member of INOSA guidelines first edition under the auspices of dept. of health research, Ministry of health and family welfare, Govt of India
HONOURS AND REWARDS
• All India Rank 8 in national entrance exam for post graduation courses (MD/MS) conducted by AIIMS, New Delhi
• First rank in the final MD-Medicine exam conducted by AIIIMS, New Delhi
• All India Rank 1 in national entrance exam for super specialty course in DM clinical hematology conducted by AIIMS, New Delhi
• Hickman line insertion
• Bone marrow biopsy and aspiration
• Lumbar Puncture