Qualifications: MBBS, MD, FSM
Medical School: University college of medical sciences (UCMS)
Post Graduate Programs: Vallabhbhai Patel Chest Institute, New Delhi
Graduate Programs: UCMS
Dr Mayank Saxena is attending consultant, Respiratory critical care and sleep medicine at Artemis hospital Gurgaon. He is new age chest specialist with a good experience gained from working in prestigious institutes. He graduated from UCMS Delhi University, did MD Pulmonary medicine from VP Chest Institute followed by senior residency and fellowship of sleep medicine from ESI hospital Basaidarapur, Delhi. He is actively involved in research activities and has several research papers (on sleep, asthma and allergy, ILD, fungal infection, occupational lung diseases, COPD, pulmonary rehabilitation) in International and national journals of repute. He has several national and international prizes and awards for presentations as well as faculty lectures at various conferences to his credit He is well trained in doing procedures like Bronchoscopy (TBLB, TBNA EBLB), EBUS, pleural aspiration, Intercostal drainage tube insertion, pleural biopsy, CT guided lung biopsy and has a good experience in managing respiratory critical care patients . His areas of interest are mainly in diagnosis and treatment of opportunistic lung infections, lung cancer diagnosis and management and interventional pulmonology.
American college of chest physician
European Respiratory society
indian sleep disorder association
HONOURS AND REWARDS
1. INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE
• Presented poster titled Study Of Sinonasal Symptoms, Atopic Status And Its Impact On Quality Of Life In Patients Of Interstitial Lung Disease (ILD) in Philadelphia, USA in may 2013
• Oral presentation titled “Study to evaluate the disease durations and its impact on percentage predicted FEV1 in well controlled asthma patients.” in CHEST conference held in Austin, USA in October 2014.
• 1st prize in quiz held in American college of chest physician Chest conference held in Los Angeles, USA in October 2016
2. NATIONAL CONFERENCE
• 2nd prize in oral presentation – Home based pulmonary rehabilitation in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in NAPCON 2015(Jaipur)
• Won 1st prize in poster presentation titled Utility of sleep questionnaire in predicting OSA for NAPCON 2015 (Jaipur)
• Participated as faculty for a talk on "paediatric sleep apnea" in international conference on sleep disorder held in Jaipur, from 12-13 november 2016.
Opportunistic infection of lungs