The Department of Nephrology and Urology was started in 2007 at Artemis Health Institute.
RANGE OF KIDNEY SERVICES AVAILABLE:
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy (CRRT)
- Kidney Biopsy and other procedures
- CAPD Catheterization
- Vascular Access for Hemodialysis
- Kidney Transplantation and post transplant follow up care
- Focus on preventive aspects of HD and slowing disease progression to dialysis by managing patients under dietary modification and medicines
A) Clinical Nephrology:
A leading centre for the management of all renal problems. State-of-the-art facilities for renal pathology, with complete biochemical, immunological, microbiological and histological (including immunoflorescence and immuno-histo-chemistry) - back up available under one roof.
B) Dialysis Unit
- Round the Clock Dialysis services available.(24x7)
- First dialysis unit in India to provide maintenance Hemodialysis in separate chambers with TV and separate staff for all patients.
1) We provide latest R.O. (Reverse Osmosis) water as per AAMI Standards for the dialysis, to ensure patient safety and prevent long term complications on Hemodialysis.
2) Latest generation, fully computerized bicarbonate Hemodialysis machines with volumetric ultra filtration and adjustable sodium facility, and provides better patient safety profile.
3) We have one of the best, state-of-the-art computerized automatic dialyzer re-use system in India which ensures safety & adequacy of dialysis and also economize dialysis for the patient.
4) Facility for continuous monitoring of sick patient on dialysis through highly sophisticated monitors throughout the dialysis procedure is available.
5) Separate and dedicated Machines available for HCV and Hbs Ag Positive patients.
6) Disinfection of Hemodialysis machines after every shift is practiced for patient safety.
7) We have highly trained technical and nursing staff under supervision of nephrologists.
8) Dialysis Medical officer available in the department to handle all types of complications.
9) Free Recreation and Refreshment available for patients during Dialysis
C) Chronic Peritoneal Dialysis/Automated Peritoneal Dialysis:
CAPD is also suitable for patients who are living in far and remote areas where facility of hemodialysis is not available
Dedicated Staff available to look after Peritoneal Dialysis
In-house training and counseling available for patients and their attendants on Peritoneal Dialysis
Nephrology and integrated department is regularly involved in CME. We are actively involved in regular public awareness camps that focus on DM, HT and detection of CKD in early stages.
TEAM OF SPECIALISTS: