The Department of Radiology at Artemis Hospital, Gurgaon is dedicated to high quality medical imaging and sub specialised interpretation of those images.
The department provides imaging and interpretation services to all In- Patient and Out-Patient facilities. All forms of diagnostic and interventional radiological procedures including sophisticated vascular and neuro interventional procedures are performed.
• Body Imaging (conventional x-ray, mammography, ultrasound, MRI and CT)
• Interventional Radiology (biopsy, minimally invasive therapy, angiography)
• Neuroradiology (CT and MRI studies of the neurologic system)
• Nuclear Medicine (SPECT, PET/CT, radionuclide imaging)
Radiology Department is fully backed by Radiology Information system (RIS) - a repository of patient data and reports which contribute to electronic medical records RIS is a computerised database used by radiology departments to store, manipulate and distribute patient radiological data and imagery. Our RIS assists in patient tracking & scheduling, result reporting and image tracking. RIS complements our HIS (Hospital Information Systems).
ARTEMIS IS THE FIRST PAPER - LESS HOSPITAL IN INDIA.
The department provides a full support of tertiary care radiologic services, including Neuro-radiology and Interventional- Neuro-radiology, Cardiovascular Interventional Radiology, specialised Musculoskeletal, Chest, and Abdomen Radiology, Women's Imaging, and Nuclear Medicine.
Diagnostic services in ultrasound, digital mammography, PET/CT, and nuclear medicine are additionally provided. All diagnostic modalities are linked to the PACS (Picture Archiving and communication system). PACS at Artemis, handle images from ultrasound, magnetic resonance, positron emission tomography, computed tomography, endoscopy, mammograms, digital radiography, and computed radiography. PACS have the advantage of hard copy replacement, remote access and electronic image integration platform.
These activities are conducted on state-of-the-art equipment. Currently, Radiology and Imaging Sciences are operating with
A. 3 Tesla MRI equipment
B. 64 Slice CT scan
C. Digital Mammography with stereotactic Platform
D. 4- D ultrasounds
E. Digital X- rays
F. Bone densitometer for femur, spine and whole body BMD
3 Tesla MRI equipment
Neuro-Imaging ; High end neuro-imaging packages such as Diffusion, Perfusion Scan, Spectroscopy ( CSI & SVS) white matter fibre tracking functional MRI. MR Venogram, MR Angiogram.
• Enables early lesion detection.
• Differentiates tumors from infections and recurrent tumors from post - radiotherapy change using highly sensitive metabolite ratios in the MR spectroscopy protocol.
• Detects stroke in less than ten minutes of onset.
• Creates a navigation path for neurosurgeon by mapping functional areas. eg speech, motor, sensory etc in relation to the tumor. Also tracks the white matter association fibers in relation to the tumor for minimal or no deficit following neurosurgery.
• Can detect impending stroke through MRA and MR Venogram.
• Dedicated seizure protocol, tinnitus protocol, protocol for Trigeminal Neuralgia, Temporal arthritis and multiple sclerosis.
Body Imaging: Whole body imaging protocol for early detection of disease.
• Cochlear transplant protocol
• Whole body DWIBS imaging combined with whole body MRI for increasing the sensitivity of detecting early lesion.
• MR Angiogram from Arch of Aorta to dorsalis pedis.
• Breast Cancer : Dedicated breast coils with perfusion imaging and subtracted images to detected early cancer in dense breasts or in women who are at high risk
• Prostate Cancer: High resolution images combined with DWIBS and prostate spectroscopy for early detecting and staging of prostate cancer. Also for monitoring cancer prostate patients post therapy.
• Genito-Urinary & Pelvic malignancies :
• MRI with MR Urography for early detection of Bladder, Ureteric and renal cancers.
• Detection, staging of endometrial cervical and ovarian cancers.
• Triple phase liver imaging for early detection of HCC in cirrhotic liver.
• Dedicated phased array coils for the joints for high resolution imaging
• MR Arthrography
64 slice CT scan
• For Coronary Angiogram
• Peripheral Angiogram
• Abdominal, Neck Angiogram, Renal Angiogram
• Volumetric liver study for pre and post liver transplant patients.
• Triple phase liver scans for early detection of liver lesion.
• Dedicated pancreatic protocol.
• Cochlear transplant protocol.
• 3 -D reconstruction.
• Virtual Bronchoscopy and Colonoscopy.
CT protocols are designed as per patient age and built etc. We follow the ALARA principle (As Low As reasonably Achievable) for radiation to ensure minimal radiation experience.
Digital Mammography with a stereotactic platform; for stereotactic Biopsies, Stereotactic 'J' wire localization of micro-calcification. Digital Mammography is the latest advancement in X-ray Mammography. Digital mammography uses essentially the same mammography system as conventional mammography, but the system is equipped with a digital receptor and a computer instead of film cassette.
Digital spot mammography allows faster and more accurate stereotactic biopsy. This results in shorter examination times and significantly improved patient comfort and convenience because the patient has to remain still for a shorter period. The system is also equipped with a stereo-tactic biopsy attachment, wherein very small non palpable masses in the breast can be accurately biopsied.
4D Ultrasound & Doppler: Four-dimensional (4D) ultrasound is 3D ultrasound in motion. Doppler ultra sound is a special ultrasound technique that evaluates blood as it flows through a blood vessel, including the body's major arteries and veins in abdomen, arms, legs and neck. Doppler ultrasound images help the physician to see and evaluate:
• Blockages in blood flow ( such as clots)
• Narrowing of vessels ( which may be caused by plaque)
• Tumors and congenital malformations.
Artemis has 5 high end colour dopplers for following areas:
• IU 22 radiology application
• IE 33 for Non-invasive Cardiology application
• 3 Envisor for Mobile colour Doppler application.
Ultrasonographic examinations can be performed for virtually every part of the body; though are not very useful for evaluation of diseases of the brain and chest. They are most useful for diseases of the abdomen, during pregnancy and for evaluation of blood vessels (color Doppler).
In general all ultrasonographic examinations are painless; there is no contraindication in pregnancy or on pediatric population. It is radiation free.
Digital X- rays and contrast examination such as barium, IVPs, MCU's, small bowel enema, barium enema, and barium meal follow through are also conducted at our hospital.
IMAGE GUIDED INTERVENTION
• Pigtail catheter insertion.
• Vertebral biopsies.
• Tru-cut Biopsies.
• Diagnostic and therapeutic fluid drainage.
Radiation Safety Issues
• At Artemis we have a radiation council that monitors all radiation issues in the hospital.
• Pregnancy is ruled out before any radiation exposure.
• The patient's identification is checked before subjecting exposure.
• Additional shielding is provided to all vulnerable patients.
• Corridors are monitored for radiation for any leakage or scatter by the Radiation safety Officer and the readings are tabulated.
• Personal monitoring devices are used by the staff to monitor radiation.
• The radiation council oversees all these activities.
A leading medical speciality centre, Artemis Hospitals was established in 2007 and is promoted by Apollo Tyres. Artemis is designed as one of the most advanced healthcare facility provider in India and constitutes a seamless integration of diagnostic, day care and critical care service.
Monday to Saturday - 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM
Sunday - 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM