The Psychology Department offers a full continuum of Behavioral Health Services for emotional, behavioral and developmental disorders. The Psychology and Psychiatry Department provides a wide range of Psychological Assessments and Treatment options for adults, as well as children and adolescents.
Our Clinical Psychologist specialized in the assessment and understanding of the interaction between cognitive, developmental, psycho-social and environmental factors on normal and psychological is functioning in children, adults and families. She is also trained in making diagnoses and in a variety of therapeutic techniques.
Developmental, Behaviour, and Psychosocial assessment; to provide an understanding of the presenting problems and their origins.
• Assessment of Developmental or Learning Disorders in children.
• Depression and Anxiety disorders.
• Adjustment disorders related to Acute and Chronic stress.
• Obsessive compulsive disorder.
• Emotional/Behavioral problems related to chronic neurological or medical illness.
• Standardised, comprehensive Psychological and educational achievement tests which evaluate intellectual and learning ability.
• Diagnostic assessment involving structured interviews and/or rating scales, and/or projective tests in cases where this is relevant to the patient's presentation.
• Short term interventions based on a range of treatment models and techniques including cognitive behaviour therapy, individual psychotherapy, family therapy, pain management, parenting skills, group therapy, Marital counseling, Relaxation techniques.
Holistic medicine is a term used to describe therapies that attempt to treat the patient as a whole person. That is, to look at the person as a whole beyond just the particular symptom or the disease. It looks at an individual's over-all physical, mental, spiritual, and emotional well-being before recommending treatment.
Why is Holistic of medicine required?
A patient being treated with conventional medicine, holistic therapies may support the body during treatment and alleviate the symptoms that often come with drug treatments and surgery. In addition, holistic therapies aim at the underlying source of the illness to prevent recurrence.
Some stressful situations can be extreme and may require special attention and care. Posttraumatic stress disorder is a very strong stress reaction that can develop in people who have lived through an extremely traumatic event, such as a serious car accident, a natural disaster like an earthquake, or an assault like rape. Some people have anxiety problems that can cause them to overreact to stress, making even small difficulties seem like crises. If a person frequently feels tense, upset, worried, or stressed, it may be a sign of anxiety. Anxiety problems usually need attention, and people should turn to professional counselors for help in overcoming them.
Signs of Stress Overload:
• Heart disease
• Skin problems
• Cosmetic complaints- Premature baldness, hairfall, acne etc
• Hormonal problems- Early puberty/menopause
• Weight gain or loss
• Eating disorders
• Respiratory complaints
When a person exerts a lot of strain on his mind the tension arouses on his/her mind. Due to excess stress in the mind of the person he/she losses his/her mental balance. Stress is certainly harmful to the health of the person. It creates an adverse effect on the health of the individual. Stress can be of various types and differs in varied degrees. It can be social stress like daily hassles or minor irritating event which this stress creates tension in the mind of the person which ultimately leads to depression. Some major traumatic events, recent life events, or hassles at home or office are the major cause for depression in any individual. Live events including developmental traumas, physical illness problems in relationship may leads to depression. Certain conditions or situation may affect whether depression is identified or not. Coping with stress is really essential to avoid frustration and tension in the mind of the person. People must become stronger mentally and emotionally. In this way there are less chances of getting into depression or avoiding it completely by adapting to all kinds of stresses.
What can you do to deal with stress overload or, better yet, to avoid it in the first place?
The most helpful method of dealing with stress is learning how to manage the stress that comes along with any new challenge, good or bad. Stress-management skills work best when they're used regularly, not just when the pressure's on. Knowing how to "de-stress" and doing it when things are relatively calm can help you get through challenging circumstances that may arise. At this point some professional help if required is readily available with us.
At Artemis Hospitals, a team of professionals are there to help you cope with these. Here are some strategies that we offer that can help you keep your stress under control:
• Stress management
• Marital Counseling
• Family counseling
• Adoloscent and child counseling
• Positive living
• Positive self development
• Specialization in relaxation therapies
• Therapy for treatment in depression, anxiety, personality issues and other such psychological issues
• Emotional Problems
• Fear and anxiety management
• Anger Management
• Self Development
• Self confidence and self esteem management
A leading medical speciality centre, Artemis Hospitals was established in 2007 and is promoted by Apollo Tyres. Artemis is designed as one of the most advanced healthcare facility provider in India and constitutes a seamless integration of diagnostic, day care and critical care service.
Monday to Saturday - 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM
Sunday - 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM