Prof. T K Thusoo has a long surgical experience of more than 40 years. He has been an examiner in surgery for University of Delhi & other Indian Universities for both under graduate & post graduate courses. He has more than 40 publications both in National & International Journals.
He has special interest in Endocrine Surgery, particularly Thyroid & Parathyroid Surgery & also Breast Surgery, apart from having rich experience in GI & Laparoscopic Surgery being on the faculty of prestigious teaching hospital viz. Maulana Azad Medical College & Associated Lok Nayak & G B Pant Hospitals, New Delhi.
Life member of following associations:
• Association of Surgeons of India
• Association of G I Endo Surgeons
• Delhi State Chapter of Association of Surgeons of India.
• Indian Medical Association
• Delhi Medical Association
HONORS AND AWARDS
• Gold Medals in Anatomy, Pathology & Pharmacology and First Prize & Silver Medal in Physiology, 2nd Prize in Gynae. & Obstetrics in MBBS.
• Best Article in Indian Journal Of Surgery for Yr. 1978
• WHO Fellowship for Laparoscopic Surgery in various Institutions in USA from Sept. 93 to March,1994
• Dr. T J Agarwal Memorial Oration for the year 1998 of Delhi State Chapter of Association of Surgeons of India.
• Delhi State Award for Service Doctors for Yr.1999- 2000
• Distinguished Alumni Award of Maulana Azad Medical College for the Yr. 2002.
• Chairman’s Award of Max Health Care for Yr.2004-05.
• Silver Jubilee Oration of Surgery Update 2009, Annual National CME programme of Dept. Of Surgery, M A M College, NewDelhi.
Endocrine Surgery, particularly Thyroid & Parathyroid Surgery, Breast Surgery & GI Cancers.
Endocrine Surgery: I was In-Charge of Endocrine Surgery Clinic at Lok Nayak Hospital, New Delhi for more than 20 years. I have special interest in Thyroid Surgery and have carried out more than 1000 thyroid operations for both benign and malignant thyroid diseases.
Cancer Surgery: GI Cancers viz. Esophageal Cancers, Stomach Cancer, Cancer Colon, Rectal Cancers , Pancreatic Cancers; Cancer Breast; Thyroid Cancers; Genito-Urinary Cancers viz. bladder cancers, renal tumors.
Laparoscopic Surgery: I was awarded WHO fellowship for training in laparoscopic surgery in various centers in USA for 6 months in Yr.1993-94 and have been regularly carrying out basic laparoscopic procedures including laparoscopic cholecystectomy, appedicectomy etc. for last 20 years.
A leading medical speciality centre, Artemis Hospitals was established in 2007 and is promoted by Apollo Tyres. Artemis is designed as one of the most advanced healthcare facility provider in India and constitutes a seamless integration of diagnostic, day care and critical care service.
Monday to Saturday - 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM
Sunday - 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM