Languages spoken: Hindi, English
Qualifications: MBBS, MD(Gastroenterology), DM (Gastroenterology)
Dr. Pawan Rawal finished his medical school from Pt BDS PGIMS Rohtak and DM in Gastroenterology and Hepatology from prestigious Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh,. After DM he continued to work in same institute for next few years and gained proficiency in clinical Gastroenterology, Hepatology and in its application to patient care. With experience of more than 12 years in this field, he is well versed with the management of all kind of luminal, hepatic, pancreatic, biliary and systemic diseases. He has undergone extensive training in both noninvasive and invasive Gastroenterology and Hepatology. He has performed several adult and pediatric upper G I endoscopies/ colonoscopies, ERCPs, capsule endoscopies, push and double balloon enteroscopies. He is quite experienced in performing all kind of therapeutic procedures like variceal banding and scleropathy, balloon and bougie dilatation, glue injection for fundal varicies, endoscopic management of ulcers/bleeding, polypectomy, argon plasma coagulation, percutanous endoscopic gastrostomies (PEG), enteral (naso- jejunal) tube placement, manometry and all kind of therapeutic biliary and pancreatic ERCP and EUS.
Dr. Pawan Rawal has keen interest in research and has attended various national and international conferences, international therapeutic endoscopy workshops and CMEs regularly. He has many publications (both national and international) to his credit which include original articles, review articles, chapters in books and case reports.
He has particular interest in teaching and is involved in teaching DM fellows, postgraduate students, nursing staff and other paramedical personnel. He has been the guest faculty at various prestigious meeting in India.
• Life member- Indian Society of Gastroenterology (ISG)
• Life member- Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy of India (SGEI)
• Life member- Indian academy of Pediatrics (IAP)
• Life member- INASL
• Association of Physicians of India (API)
• Indian Medical Association (IMA)
• Celiac Disease Society of UK (Coeliac uk)
• Celiac Support Organization (CSO)- Executive member
• European Society of Digestive Oncology (ESDO)
Honours and Rewards
• Distinction in Medicine in MBBS.
• Winner of various quiz, awards in oral and poster research papers sessions in both international and national conferences.
• Young Investigator Award at the Asian Pan Pacific Society of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition congress (APPSPGHAN 2009) at Seoul, Korea in sep 2009.
• Indian Society of Gastroenterology (ISG) Fellowship to present paper at World Congress of Gastroenterology “Gastro 2009” at London in Nov 2009
Stomach, Intestine, Liver and Pancreaticobiliary diseases, Management of acidity, ulcers, GI bleeding, constipation, IBS and reflux, Therapeutic endoscopy and ERCP, Endoscopic management of obesity (balloon placement), Endoscopic ultrasound, All food allergies and Celiac disease (wheat allergy), Chronic Hepatitis B and C, Fatty liver, Alcohol induced liver damage/cirrhosis, Gastro, Biliary, pancreatic and Liver cancers, Anorectal diseases like piles and fissures, Pediatric Gastroenterology and Hepatology
Adult and pediatric upper G I endoscopies/ colonoscopies
ERCPs (Pancreatic and biliary)
Push and double balloon enteroscopies
EUS (Endoscopic ultrasound)
Variceal banding and scleropathy for G I bleed
Balloon and bougie dilatation
Glue injection for fundal varicies
Endoscopic management of ulcers/bleeding
Polypectomy, argon plasma coagulation
Percutanous endoscopic gastrostomies (PEG), enteral (naso- jejunal) tube placement
Balloon placement for obesity
A leading medical speciality centre, Artemis Hospitals was established in 2007 and is promoted by Apollo Tyres. Artemis is designed as one of the most advanced healthcare facility provider in India and constitutes a seamless integration of diagnostic, day care and critical care service.
Monday to Saturday - 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM
Sunday - 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM